Catching glimpses of colleagues homes on Zoom and Skype has us thirsting for more, so we've asked our friends to show us what's on their walls in this series we're calling Rear Window.
Illustrator and RoomFifty favourite David J McMillan shows us around the home he shares with his illustrator and comic artist partner Jayde Perkin.
He says "Myself and my partner Jayde have recently moved into a new place together and are really enjoying getting our collection of prints up and finally making a place 'ours'.
- 1. Our communal bookshelf has been the main dream of our co-habiting life. Our collection of comics, picture books and zines collected together in one place, finally. Our friend Amy Marsh made us in clock form. Sadly I no longer own a yellow coat like that.
- 2. We picked up this poster while in Berlin at the UDK end of year show. It is by Angelica Liv, but will always remind us of our Berlin friend Till Lukat.
- 3. Our house is full of many drawings and prints by our best buddy Ed Cheverton. He always makes the best birthday cards, which we have to keep out all year round. The beer bottles are from a commission with Beer52, where myself Ruan Van Vliet, and Room Fifty's Fuchsia MacAree got to make labels for tasty Irish-inspired beers. And you can't go wrong with having some Golden Cosmos in your house.
- 4. From left to right (clockwise) we have a print picked up in Mt. Hood, Oregon. I believe it was a kids placemat illustration. The centre piece of it is the Timberline Lodge (which was used for the exterior shots of the hotel in The Shining) A print by Amanda Baeza from Grafixx festival in Antwerp. Finally, a perfect collection of Bowie's by the amazing Tara Booth.
- 5. This is a special and unique one. When we were in Belgium for Grafixx two years ago we would end most evenings drinking delicious beers and scribbling all over the Duvel beer mats (they were the perfect mini canvas) with our friends, Shamisa Debroey, and Room Fifty buddies Charlotte Dumortier and Jango Jim. This is a collection of our favourites, but I believe it's not even half of what we drew together.
Thanks David and Jayde for letting us look around!
You can shop all of David's prints for RoomFifty here
If you would like to share your Rear Window view of your house, send photos and a few lines about each piece to firstname.lastname@example.org